Avery RanchPie Town, New Mexico, 87827
The Avery Ranch is a very neat little ranch that would be perfect for someone learning the ropes, a hobby rancher, or a horse enthusiast. The ranch has great bones. An additional 160 acres adjacent to the Avery ranch can be added to increase holdings and the probability of an elk tag allocation. There are 5 other acres and a nice home that could also be added.
Avery Ranch Features
- Located just 6 miles west of Pie Town, New Mexico, on the north side of Hwy. 60
- Easily accessible, easy to run
- Gentle topography
- Gramma grass turf is solid with normal precipitation
- Historic rainfall is +/- 13″ annually
- 49 head, year-round permit
- Strong solar well, 30 gpm on 465 ft. well
- BLM lease fee was $685 in 2020
- There are several ponds/tanks, a well that services a short pipeline, and a drinker
Hunting on the Avery Ranch
The Avery Ranch lies in New Mexico’s Game Management Unit (GMU) 12. The ranch typically has antelope on it often and antelope tags can be purchased over the counter. The ranch also gets some elk usage and has been enrolled in the E-plus program where they have received an alternating bull and cow tag.